Event Job Search aims to provide information that is accessible to all user groups including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments. By following the recommendations outlined by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) in their Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (WCAG 1.0) we have implemented the following features to enhance usability for screen reader users, keyboard navigation and users of text-only browsers.
Structured, semantic markup
This site's markup (HTML) is semantically correct, using HTML elements for their given purpose. Well structured HTML has semantic meaning for a wide range of user agents (browsers without style sheets, text browsers, PDAs, search engines etc.)
All content images used in this site include descriptive alt attributes. Purely decorative graphics include empty alt attributes.
You may change the font size of the web pages to your preference through your browser:
- Internet Explorer: View > Text size or for Internet Explorer 7 you may hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard and press the plus (+/-) key
- Firefox: View > Text size or Hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard and press the plus (+/-) key
- Netscape 4.6: edit > preferences > appearance > fonts and colours > fonts
- Netscape 6.2 and later: view > text zoom or Hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard and press the plus (+/-) key
- Opera: View > Zoom or Hold down the Apple Key and scroll with the mouse
- Safari: View > Make text bigger/Make text smaller or Hold down the Apple Key and press the (+/-) key
This site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the use of structured semantic markup ensures that the content of each page is still readable and clearly structured.
All forms follow a logical Tab sequence and use labels for each respective input control.